View Single Post
Old 16-03-04, 05:07 PM   #20
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinner
Time out.....you saying the IRA are the same as Al Qaeda ? I think you should re-read what ever facts you base this on or look for another source to get information.

Do a little search on....Collusion - a British State Policy

Also, what do you mean by "win"? If the USA can stop another 9/11 then I say they are winning. Sure the bad guys will always be out there,The US must stop their plans of terror in the USA and other Western targets. That is how we are winning.
go reread my post - what i'm saying is that invading a country to get at a terrorist underground movement is an enourmous misplacement of resources, because a)you create enourmous good will for the terrorists, b) the terrorists simply resurface elsewhere and c) your resources are bogged down for years doing things like nation-building and peace keeping.

are we winning? how do you quantify that? in terms of net number of terrorists, i'd bet there are more now than there were two years ago. in terms of terrorists attacks, there have been more large scale attacks in the last year (e.g. Bali, Turkey, Madrid) than in previous three years, with the obvious exception of 9/11. saying we're winning because 9/11 hasn't happened again is fallacy because you can't prove a negative correlation.

two and 1/2 years into the "war on terror", the only pertinent question is this: "is the world a safer place than it was before 9/11?" if the answer is no, than it might be a good idea to re-examine the strategy, no?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote