View Single Post
Old 24-08-04, 05:00 PM   #16
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
maybe someone here knows but i'm not sure it works that way before the election. if kerry or bush dropped out or droped dead prior to election day, their vp's could still be elected - as vp's - but i think the prez would have to be chosen by congress (and i guess congress would choose a vp if it wanted). obviously after a presidential candidate's sworn in a vp assumes the office if said prez kicks the bucket, i just don't know if he does automatically before the guy's even elected.

- js.
if a candidate dies before the election, i would think all it takes is for the party in question to say "this is our new nominee". if they have time to move his name up to the top slot in the ballot, and if a majority of people pull the lever, that oughta be it, no?

soFloyd's scenario is something like Kerry drops out for some scandalous reason (or gets sick or dies, but a scandal seems more within the realm of possibility), Edwards becomes the de facto nominee and goes on to beat Bush. i like it

p.s. i mighta known this thread would end up in left field - shoulda just made it a poll
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote