View Single Post
Old 19-02-05, 09:14 PM   #38
jcmd62
Alpha Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
I was hoping to get a reply from you.

You are 100% right about if it's not easy, not many will do it.

However, Nappy premium is only $9.95/ month.

I usually record (in real time) 13 songs a day. I do it while I read these silly boards, It's nice to know what I'm getting anyway.

When it comes to saving the tunes, it takes me a minute or so to separate each track, add the mp3 tags and save to my HD. If I do this every day for a month I end up with about 400 tunes that I've checked out to see that they are complete AND what I want.

9.95/400= less than 2.5 cents a tune.

Should I figure it out in $/hour saved?
Being practically impossible to get caught is a big plus. I never said Napster was a bad deal. Hell I would join if I didn't refuse to pay Crooked corrupt ass Adelphia $100 a month for their slowest in the nation internet and horrible basic cable service. When they filed Chapter eleven they immediatly raised my cable/ISP charge from $60 to over $100. Great a hundred channels with 5 shows playing simultaniously on 20 channels and their Internet service ranked worst in the nation.

Just think when the hacks are better and your doing 800+ a month, unfortunately it will never be the fun free for all Napster was in the begining. As we start finding more and more ways to better cheat no doubt the monthly fee will increase also. Isn't the real hypocrisy that fact that we are still stealing, they know we are and will, but as long as we PAY they will overlook the illegality of our actions.

I guess what I'm saying is so many p2pr's ranted and raved about how they had the power in numbers and were gonna do soooooooooooooo much to change all these corrupt copyright laws and even some claiming they would see the end of the RIAA. I hope they now understand that numbers doesn't give you power.......Money does. Some had enough sense to know that free rides are short, us millions of thieves had our free music, but the RIAA had all the money, and as we now see it wasn't much of a fight.

I was never against Napster or p2p just never fell into that whole power of the people crapola and the "just try and stop us attitude". I've always maintained that this attitude only helped strangle napster and p2p into the position its in.

I say keep on keeping on Nic. when you get a 250 gigs of mp3's let me know, I'll mail ya an external hdd and you can make me a copy. Helly and fokker both made me copies of their excellent collections. Jack said he would but is always too busy playing "Busta Spratts" DJ dude. This is the way I like to D/L my music....250 gigs at a time. BTW I'll send it full of mP3's that you can save what you want from b4 formatting and copying your collection to mail back. No seperating and tagging, just copy, paste and wait till its done.

You don't have to D/L to be a pirate.
jcmd62 is offline   Reply With Quote