Thread: Features I need
View Single Post
Old 29-05-02, 09:15 PM   #29
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod

For JohnDoe -
Right back at'cha goldie

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl

A good post, John.
Thanks TG

Quote:

As assorted pointed out, we would actually need separate shares targeted to separate subcommunities, each under its own bandwidth and queue controls.
I agree with this too. In my first post I kind of stated something like this. We difinitely need to assign a certain number of upload slots for just 56k and just broadband so that both don't fight over each other to get files.

Quote:

there is a need to classify peers according to their technical (bandwidth) and social (sharing behaviour) qualities and allocate bandwidth and slots accordingly. Most of it could (and should) be done automatically but we would also like to have means to shape our social p2p environment manually so that we could give a preferential treatment to our best contacts.
I believe you summed it up perfectly.

Quote:
Originally posted by goldenrod

With all due respect, isn't this all just wishful thinking on our parts?
It does feel that way doesn't it....but as TG pointed out there are a handful of programmers that are actual fellow file sharing users and may develop a program that fits our needs. I guess we will just have to wait and see... Whatever the future holds, commercial programs aren't the way to go if they continue with the way they are going.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote