View Single Post
Old 30-01-05, 08:24 AM   #43
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
the altitude the hijacker(s) flew is next to impossible considering the airspeed.
Altitude would be in feet and airspeed in knots. When you proclaimed an altitude is "next to impossible considering the airspeed" I expected you knew what you were talking about but you must have just been parroting another ignorant person.

Is that what passes as knowledge to you? People who actually know what they are talking about must puzzle you because you assume everyone has your level of understanding and just decide to have a different opinion.

At what rate would you say the jet wash "fans out"? Some simple math tells you that doubling the size of a circle quadruples it's area so as the jet wash fans out it loses velocity at 4 times the rate of expansion. That's ignoring the large forward speed of the engine and the exhausts interaction with the surrounding (static) air. It goes down really quickly.

Anyway, the woods I play in are an air national guard training area and I've watched their jets skim the treetops with little effect and once had an A-10 scream directly overhead at about 100 feet when I was on my mountain bike and just about shit myself and I didn't feel the slightest breeze. Never heard it coming either so it was moving fast.

So that's the way I form my opinions, with actual knowledge, experience and reasoning and all the people who can't understand how to do that are just brainless parrots to me; squawking whatever the other parrots squawk.

Last edited by albed : 30-01-05 at 10:26 AM.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote