View Single Post
Old 16-04-02, 04:45 AM   #27
Spikologia

Default Re: Reviving old Morpheus

Quote:
Originally posted by thegame412
I downloaded the kazaa 1.4 version from fastrack. It told me about an upgrade and I said no and it connected. I belive that if people would just use this version, the old morpheus will work again. People we would have to convince people to use this program. BTW, does anyone know if kazaa v 1.3.3 still works? Will will download it too to give it a shot. For all you people how know how to do web sites, put the file on your web site and tell people about it so they can download it. Remember, the original refo search? Why not do what was done with that program. If you were to do this, you would have to find some way to block out the pc's ip address so you can't be traced.
All FastTrack v.1.3.3 clients are locked out of FastTrack now, including KaZaA v1.3.3. v1.4 however, does work, of course

Notice an upgrade WAS suggested to the v1.4 node, but wasn't required. As long as the "notify before installing automatic updates" option is selected (and it is selected by default) at the Options > User dialog, the user should have a choice not to update, i think.

Thanks for your support, thegame412, but the v1.4 idea isn't yet ready for wide distribution. We'd better think together of all the possibilities, and decide for the best way to follow this plan, if at all. Also we shouldn't distribute the official KaZaA v1.4 - it has Cydoor and BDE, we don't want that. My spyware-free version will be ready when we decide what to do. Thanks again!
Spikologia is offline   Reply With Quote