View Single Post
Old 23-04-05, 06:57 PM   #8
td4guy
WASTEd 24/7

Personally, I found Rodi very confusing. But perhaps I'm just dumb.

I set up a WASTE network at my university, with currently 150-200 members. It works very, very well. WASTE will remember everyone's IP address, and it will automatically attempt to establish connections to them if configured properly. I estimate that WASTE can support up to 250 people before experiencing significant performance degradation on a LAN.

Quote:
Slightly more preferable though would be if I didnt need to specify the IPs so that the word could spread about the program and people easily set it up.
You're just asking for trouble there. The good thing about a WASTE network is that only trusted members may join. This does not include people from the RIAA, MPAA, and your university network people. This is a good thing.

As for ease of setup, this can be accomplished by writing and distributing a tutorial like I did. It contains easy-to-follow steps on how to configure WASTE properly. If you need help with this, I would be glad to assist.

Oh, and one more thing... We use port 3688, because it looks somewhat like we're using iTunes, which operates on port 3689. It's just a little trick to help keep the university network people off of our backs.
td4guy is offline   Reply With Quote