View Single Post
Old 09-03-04, 12:19 PM   #12
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Quote:
why is it the mainstream media would never label a "liberal" university. how about the myriad of colleges with liberal professors that shape leaders for the "left"..but are never labled as such.
You never see this label because it's absurd to think that universities in the real world have an agenda to "shape leaders for the left," when it's quite obvious (if you've ever been to a real college) that both liberals and conservatives emerge from such real world environments. Your insistence on stereotyping good teachers who allow people to develop their own ideas and think for themselves as "liberal" as if this were something dark and dirty simply screams of the irony of your own fears that people should be allowed to develop their own opinions.

Quote:
liberals try to make all home-schooling parents look worse than carrie's mother. the last thing they want to see is a return to the roots of our nation..they prefer a new world order which is characterized by less liberty, freedom, and democracy.

their thinking is "we know better than you how you should live, and we'll force you to live as we believe you should. through a benevolent dictatorial government, the liberals would decide how we should live, and the government would take care of each of us from cradle to grave, whether we like it or not.
Now that made me laugh out loud. In the midst of a thread about an over-privilged nepotistic Christianized pipeline into favoritism, you have the audacity to use words like "less liberty and democracy" and "dictatorial government" as if these were the agendas of liberals? Get a clue.

And you're wrong, I know many "liberals" who home school their kids, and more who believe in it strongly. The issue here isn't even about home schooling per se, it's about a post-home-schooling institution with a clear agenda of churning out and preferentially placing subservient drones. And I'm not even against this, I believe they have every right in the world to preferentially progam their children in any way they see fit, but let's not pretend it isn't programming. The funniest thing is if this were a Buddhist or an Islamic institution you'd be the one calling it a "cult" and crying for blood.

Quote:
they have had a stranglehold on nearly every institute of "higher" education in our nation, and so to have a college that is firmly led by conservative christians is seen as a huge threat to the liberal establishment. it throws a big threatening wrench into their mission to control every citizen of the country.
I personally think it's hilarious ...and hardly threatening or "scary." As far as I'm concerned the more inbred and self-serving the elitist good 'ol frat boys of the ultraright become, the more transparent they get. Only a matter of time before they're taken about as seriously as the flat-earthers.

And THEY, the great liberal conspiracy you see around every corner and under every carpet, don't have a stranglehold on anything, nor do they wish it. Having strangleholds on things is the clear drive and domain of the right wing.

Quote:
this shows that the current occupants of the white house have exponentially more class than the prior ones.
Your use of the word "class" there is interesting. If you mean an elitist indifference to classes of society, I'd have to agree with you wholeheartedly. But if you see this as "a return to the roots of our nation," I'd say perhaps you need to have a home school refresher course in basic American history.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote