View Single Post
Old 28-01-02, 07:44 PM   #22
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
Originally posted by indiana_jones

from your ideas i tried the following and it worked at least with NT4-0
--- created a link icon to sig2dat on my desktop
--- dragged and dropped the .txt on this link
--- it just popped up and created that .dat file.
Interesting thing I discovered when I was trying this out. It seems that it doesn't work when I do it in the Morpheus folder, but when I create a shortcut of the sig2dat to the desktop...it works. I'm currently using ME and I don't know if you guys have the same problem. Anyhow, this makes it even easier for people to use this program. At least the sig2dat tool.

For the dbb2dat tool, one thing you can do to make it easier to use is if you can somehow make DOS go right to the directory where Morpheus is installed. Rather then people having to manually find it and then typing it again and again everytime they use it. What I really like about the sig2dat tool is that you can just double click the icon and it gets you right there. I don't know anything about programming but can you make dbb2dat do the same thing, or does that require GUI knowledge?

The sig2dat tool is actually not that hard to use. All people have to do is copy and paste and press enter, and of course if the drag and drop feature works for everyone then it's even easier. The dbb2dat tool is what needs to be worked on. That's just my opinion.

One question I need to ask you though, is on how to change the location of where my downloads go when they are done. The default is c:\StartfileDownload, but I want them to go into "my shared folder". Basically, in the sig2dat.ini file do I have to type c:\program files\morpheus\my shared folder, or can I just type :.\my shared folder? Is it case sensitive too??

I think that most users put their downloads into their "my shared folder" so making them change it manually might be asking for errors and confusion. Maybe you should have it placed them there as a default? Indy, what are your thoughts on this subject. I'm just trying to give you some more feedback since you don't have too many beta testers.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote