View Single Post
Old 24-04-02, 10:17 PM   #49
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

originally Greedy I was not going to answer your question...then in poking around my old cd collection I found this exact same subject being discussed on the Morpheus forums (some of which I have archived) and decided it would now be appropriate to answer you with a quote by Indiana Jones from the old Morpheus forums as it pretty much sums up my feelings as well (for the most part)

Without furthur adue:

Quote:
Re: what's the point?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i just find the idea fascinating, that there could be e second FT net, which couldn't be forced to be updated or shut down by any master server(s) - like it happened just recently - simply because it doesn't connect anymore to this Master server(s)

what i watched: a startup i.e. morpheus tries to connect to MC server to logon - if it were successful it got a list of supernodes and started to connect - if not (like now) - it startes to connect to a supernode, stored in the registry (Connectioninfo). therefore you just need supernodes which are connected to each other and a list of them for each user and you can keep up your Master independent FT net, which is surely not so easy to control or to monitor like the one, which always is somehow connected to a Master.

its just an idea to play with it.
indy

---Originally posted to the messageboards on Musiccity
hope that answer will suffice

butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote