View Single Post
Old 01-09-06, 03:03 AM   #7
ProfessorM

The containerized duplication insight is correct (I was thinking I was a bit crazy for attempting the software in the first place). The key difference however is the free nature and freedom granted to the user (vs internet websites are overlords over its users/visitors). The commercial part of Maazios was done so the users get a payback for participating while the "self expression" part was done for users to try out; the multitude of applications helps demonstrate the possibility that whatever's doable on the regular internet can be done for this "extreme P2P internet".

On a side note, I see some game dev msg boards are still looking at doing a massive multiplayer P2P game system - what I will tell them is that sometimes it's better to try to accomplish something easier first before attempting a very difficult problem; I was hoping with Maazios' demonstrations (app variety) and future release of some APIs, it may be possible to do a simpler multiplayer P2P game system first; then in time when broadband becomes faster for everyone, the massive multiplayer P2P game system should then be attempted since by then, game developers have more experience with P2P issues for games.

Back to story - if the regular internet can be replicated in the P2P fashion, then it's only reasonable that it will follow the same evolution (remember how it used to be awkward to buy stuff off of internet websites - pre 1998?). So I foresee the security certificate, payment, etc. companies will also serve this P2P internet eventually. As for the proprietary nature, I have an open invitation for hackers to play and "punish" the Maazios software so that P2P internet holes can be revealed and remedies can be conceived of easier and faster. As for legal liability, Maazios is trying to replicate what's available on the regular internet; so in some ways, what is okay on the regular internet then should also be okay on this P2P internet - or do a separate set of laws be applicable?

Keep placing your concerns and comments - it makes things interesting in this thread.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote