View Single Post
Old 29-08-06, 07:12 PM   #4
ProfessorM

Just to clarify, the ads/storefront/other apps is for each Maazios user to use as s/he sees fit - no restrictions, no fees - for the rest of our lives (that's what we are aiming for since we see too much bullying going on; as they say, sometimes the peace needs to be restored.).

I do want to mention that there's a pseudo DNS (domain name system) within Maazios to help locate each other (not totally perfect yet but can be improved). Since there's a pseudo DNS, that's also why there's a pseudo email system within Maazios (again, not absolutely perfect but it's a proof of concept) and a mailing list like mechanism (called publish/subscribe). I read that today's young people prefer instant messaging while older folks prefer using email. The reason email declined in usage is because of all those "no value added" spam wasting so much user's time to clean up. I hope the pseudo email within Maazios will be able to do away with spam for good. The goal is to make the most useful items on the internet free within Maazios and possibly even better since we have a fresh start and no legacy to deal with.
ProfessorM is offline   Reply With Quote