Thread: New live zep
View Single Post
Old 07-07-03, 06:24 PM   #17
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by thinker
So you were there either on the 25th, 26th, 28th, or 30th of May, 1977. However, that wasn't the last show before Karac's death. That would be the July 24, 1977 show at the Oakland Coliseum (which started three hours late due to the backstage beating that took place involving Peter Grant and John Bonham the day before).

Curious...what constitutes self-indulgency in any band (not just Led Zeppelin)? I would really like to know what people's views are as far as that is concerned.

JackUzi...what you watched is likely from DVD One of Led Zeppelin DVD. One thing I didn't like about the DVD release, though, was the lack of between song remarks (usualy made by Plant). While I'm not certain if this was more common during later years ('73 on), sometimes they explained some things and could be quite funny.
yup, May of '77 would be about right - i was a senior in high school...

seems like self-indulgence occurs when bands get the attitude that they've transcended the music and have become the main attraction....and pretty much anything they do onstage is gonna fly with the audience coz they're the ones doing it...
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote