View Single Post
Old 28-02-02, 02:57 PM   #19
goldie
yea, it's me.

So There! What I hate about 3.0 (5)

Once you've queued up your download list and your file is complete, it freakin' disappears off the list completely!!!!! Now ya gotta go diggin' into your shared folder to see the files you've just dl'd......

Hate it.

Searching: argh! If doing multiple searches you must be sure to hit the "clear" icon or you'll be soooooorrrrrryyyyyyyyyy!!

Hate it.

Okay, I know these things aren't earthshattering.

Default ul and dl sharings are way to high for my 56k - 8 uls and 8 dls does not happy campers make - must double check the settings.

Edited to add: Opennap issues:

1. After ISP forced disconnect, open nap server screen will not allow the previously active opennap servers to reconnect nor to completely disconnect. Instead I'm getting a "searching for host" or similar message once I've reconnected myself to the internet. Right clicking on the Connect/Disconnect option does nothing.

Solution: Completely close down Winmx then reopen. This seems to bring a whole new set of problems:

2. Although 305 saves my incomplete dls it does NOT seem to save the user information the file was orginally downloaded from, i.e., after shutting down winmx, reconnecting to previously running opennap servers, going to the transfer screen, clicking show incompletes, seeing the incomplete files but being unable to resume any of them because winmx cannot find the file (stuck in "finding sources").

I wonder if this also occurs on the P2P system???

P2P issues:

Winmx does not keep a record of files uploaded by other users. Once their file is completed - it disappears leaving no record of any activity whatsoever. If one were to be troubleshooting their connections, you'd be SOOL if you needed any of your uploaders information (connection reset by peer, connection closed, etc.).

Last edited by goldie : 28-02-02 at 05:10 PM.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote