View Single Post
Old 13-06-06, 09:57 PM   #4
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Remember - The recording industry, not the artists themselves own most of the copyrights.

A tax (on anything) to support a commercial interest (namely the RIAA and similar recording industry representatives) that claims, but has not yet proven the extent of “injury” due to file sharing is ridiculous.

We know how ALL tax-and-spend programs work... . A significant portion of the money that is supposed to be collected for the stated benefit instead supports a huge government bureaucracy, complete with an extensive benefits and retirement package. All that to “oversee” and “manage” the tax funds and dole it out as they see fit.

What is next - perhaps a tax to offset all the “losses” Microsoft can come up with because some people pirate Windows?

All the recording industry has to do is what every other business must do to survive - provide a quality product or service for a fair price and people will pay for it.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote