View Single Post
Old 11-11-06, 07:47 PM   #8
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

..... And many years (and billions of dollars) later
There is still no "cure" for AIDS.
“Was raging”? It is still “raging” - and not only in the U.S., it is a global issue.

The best methods of preventing AIDS are well known: abstinence from sex or safer sex using body fluid barriers such as condoms and dental dams (and not sharing IV drug needles). These facts are widely distributed through educational programs yet many still have promiscuous unsafe sex and have unsafe illegal drug use practices. If people did as advised, AIDS would not continue to spread.

A President can do very little to stop unsafe sex and unsafe illegal drug practices by the populace. It doesn't take tax dollars or Presidential action for people to take the disease seriously and not participate in risky sexual practices.

You profess to have insight into my feelings on gays and AIDS, and you don’t. Several persons I have known and cared about have died from AIDS.

I am not gay, and my viewpoint considers homosexual behavior abnormal. I prefer traditional family values regarding marriage and sex, but I don’t care what people do as consenting adults behind closed doors. I am not the master of others, they can do as they wish - but they must accept the consequences of their own actions.

As for the sticker, Topps may have made it, but you posted it - and it is to that post I responded.

The product “Raisinets”, currently manufactured by the Nestle Company is the subject of a parody in the sticker image. The candy was originally made by the Blumenthal Brothers Chocolate Company of Philadelphia.

A change of subject neither negates the original subject nor invalidates my response, President Reagan did not raise taxes as the image suggests. That is the only point I made. Your expansion of that point to include (perhaps limitless) other subjects does not make your comments on these side topics my words or my intent.

I won’t be as mean to you as you have been to me. You suggest I value a tax cut more than human life, and in so doing attempt to subject my moral values to ridicule. I value human life, and so did Ronald Reagan. That is why he properly performed his duty as U.S. President by providing for the common defense of all the people - not just the ones with AIDS or those without the disease. It’s kind of hard to do AIDS research if another country (such as the U.S.S.R. during Reagan’s presidency) decided to nuke us. President Reagan also took care of that problem (at least for the time being).

I’m sure it will please you to know that when Ronald Reagan passed away (due to Alzheimer’s) I donated $5000.00 to Alzheimer’s research into a fund named for him. I suppose if he had died from AIDS I probably would have contributed to AIDS research instead, but Mr. Reagan wasn’t that kind of guy.

We do agree on at least one thing - we have a difference of opinion.

On these topics, our discussion is over.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote