View Single Post
Old 29-02-04, 06:17 PM   #40
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
sorry scoob, you smear again. my quote was taken from an official us defense page, defenselink, a co-operative effort of the "Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense-Public Affairs and the Defense Technical Information Center."

you're seriously insulting your own armed services now. my my my.
hang on to that tin-foil turban js..it's gonna fly off from all that spinning.

the quote you posted was from multi's link: http://www.psywarrior.com/psyhist.html
Quote:
Originally posted by JackSpratts
posted by scoob - "hear and see the truth"

"By the application of sound PSYOP techniques, through face-to-face communication and mass media communications, we have demonstrated , time and time again, that we can appeal to the intelligence, reason, and emotions of our target audience to get them to think and act as we desire."
you posted that in criticism to the article i posted. by that, you show that you're critical of psyop techniques.

but...you only posted half of the quote, the part you wanted to spin. here's the rest of it...

"If these people are shooting at us, we can persuade them to lay down their arms. If they fear us, we can convince them that they have nothing to fear. If they are belligerent and uncooperative, we can show them the value of unity and cooperation. Lastly and most important, the utilization of PSYOP can prevent needless bloodshed, destruction and misery. That is why we say, with conviction, that psychological operations, or PSYOP, is truly a humane weapon."

now, which is it, are you critical of psyop techniques....or not?

spin it jacky!
scooobiedooobie is offline   Reply With Quote