JackSpratts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AweShucks
Seeing as how you ask.

I don't drink "anymore"

I quit smoking

I hate phones

I don't like taxes period

The 2nd Amendment the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Why defend filesharing of copyrighted material? It is illegal afterall Probably because it's what I believe in JS.

i'm glad to hear you've jetisoned a few bad habits.

1st:Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

2nd:A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

the first amendment is actually and demonstrably clearer about its protections than the 2nd (like nearly every gun enthusiast i speak to you left out the controversial part). the first amendment unambiguously states "Make No Law" - yet taxes are still collected on magazines, newspapers, music, telephone calls, answering machines and the like. my question wasn't rhetorical aweshucks. if the government, which needs money for lots of items like defense for instance, can collect it on one thing that's guaranteed by the constitution, like speech, then besides a rabid lobby, why would gun lovers think they're somehow immune?

- js.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote