View Single Post
Old 11-06-01, 11:23 AM   #16
Tom9504

Quote:
Originally posted by eclectica
I'm starting to develop a cynical attitude towards Napster, not unlike that of 9504, but I still haven't deleted it because I like to see what they're up to from day to day.
Just call me the Napster-cynic master... hehe.

... but oddly enough, I haven't deleted it either (I still have all 10 betas installed, actually). I will go on from time-to-time just to see how things are going, like you and probably many others still do. Sharing 7 files though, and I haven't had a download in weeks. Occasionally I will get one if I go on after getting some new Top 40 stuff that Napster haven't got around to putting in the filters yet.

I've been looking for alternatives... I've downloaded Morpheus, WinMX, BearShare and AudioGnome so far. BearShare and WinMX both take ages to connect to servers, and then all of the search results are almost instantly invalid. I've never had a full download on either. Also, WinMX's UI and website looks like it was designed by a monkey.

Morpheus and AudioGnome are the only ones I would consider using right now... Morpheus is my favourite for getting the actual music (basically, for leeching), while AudioGnome is much better for talking to people, IMs and the general social side of things.

Just my opinion of the alternatives so far... I'd be interested if anyone can suggest any others to try.
Tom9504 is offline   Reply With Quote