View Single Post
Old 09-06-01, 04:32 PM   #12
JackSpratts

i use imation or store brands (circuit city). always 700mgs. i store them in slimline 2cd jewel boxes in an upstairs closet. i have 10,000mp3s archived and put up about 2000 more (15 discs) a month.
the only problem i've ever encountered is an old ('94) sony portable cd player that occasionally experiences a few drop-outs during the first song of an mp3 to wav cd (the center song & tightest curve). that sensitive old sony is my tester. if it works on that one it works anywhere. i've never had the problem on any other player.
my avg price per cd is 28 cents, 36 for the double jewel box, incl. s&h.

i'm looking for a decent editor now. i need to smooth off the beginning and end of some mp3s and do some splicing. my adaptec doesn't seem to want to give me access to its' editor and now that the company is roxio, they won't even TELL me if that prog is loaded unless i give them $35! ("isn't 35 bucks alot of money to answer a simple question?" "yes it is, sir. NEXT question.") talk about service after the sale...so if anyone knows of a good editor please pass it along.