View Single Post
Old 26-10-04, 01:34 AM   #7
esteeaz
The First Napsterite

Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoBoy
Actually, he does and they, comedians, do have an impact of the news.

I saw a clip recently on CNN and read in a paper where young voters, between 18 and 35 are heavily influenced by the political news the popular comedians air.

Actually, I'm one of the one's influenced. They may air it in a humorous manner, which is their job but it doesn't make the information any less credible than so-called serious news reported by Dan Rather or Bill O'Reilly.
actually what john stewart and other comedians do is take a news story and spin it for comedy purposes. not all of johns stories are fact in the end- nor do i expect them to be. yes it is awsome to see people take stories and poke em but most people - im sure know the difference. for people to take john stewarts stories or any comedians story and compare it seriously to CNN or any other credible station(and im using that loosely-fox) and actually try to throw it in there face is extremelly laughable. yes comedians have impact- usually with a demographic between 18-35 but as far as world news and politics, they are not in the same league- so one shouldnt compare them as such. plus i really just hate those pricks on crossfire ahahahahahahahahah!!!!! well theres like 2 cents worth
"We have two million people in jail. Our country doesn't build hospitals, doesn't build schools and doesn't build day-care centers. It builds prisons. This is not the hallmark of a free society, but of a police state." -Steven Hager, High Times Editor-in-Chief
hot or not.com...
got space?....
esteeaz is offline   Reply With Quote