View Single Post
Old 05-05-06, 06:30 PM   #15
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
That seems to work both ways doesn't it?

Liberals virtually crucified Rush Limbaugh for his addiction to prescription painkillers, which did not involve MULTIPLE automobile accidents. They roasted Cheney for his hunting accident.

Why doesn't such "moral outrage" also include Senator Kennedy? Where is this purportedly righteous concern now?

Positive proof beyond any doubt that the "concern" that the liberals have for issues like these is nothing more than forwarding their own agendas.

I just laughed my ass off at that Kennedy Alert pic.
fair point, drak...

i think there are a couple of key factors that are gonna determine how badly a public figure should get roasted over things like this:

first of all, did anybody get hurt? in the case of Kennedy jr., it's only a car wreck - practically a non-issue. on the other hand, Kennedy Sr. got somebody killed and deserves a lot more than he ever got for his crimes.

second thing that is gonna generate lots of righteous gloating is did the sinner have a record of criticizing others for the same crime? Limbaugh is on record as saying all drug users should go to jail...ergo, when he gets busted for a drug habit, he deserves whatever public ridicule they can pile on him.
an even better example is Mr. Virtue, Bill Bennett, who turns out to be a degenerate gambler...

if you're a public figure and you run around pointing fingers at others, your shit better be squeaky clean...if not, your karma will catch up to you sooner or later, as well it should.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote