View Single Post
Old 03-04-02, 03:41 PM   #19
snowman

Default you are of course right on

Obviously this type of system is the ultimate Internet DOS tool. These IOS systems have been around for decades and are not usually well received because of the security issues they raise. Two issues are normally pointed out. The first an attack on the permanent storage of an internal network and secondly on the oportunity to move unauthorized data in or out of a computer via a network.

The same can be said for systems that host roving agent programs. A lot of companies tried this and none have succeeded yet.

Can you imagine downloading a DOS type program that points at critical infastructure onto 50 million computers and having it start up all at once?

This stuff needs to be regulated. Forget copying CD's.

Who is going to vouche safe the programs that get downloaded by Brilliant? Are they going to be responsible if my computers kicks yours in the head? Not a chance - you are going to be mad at me not Brilliant. I will go visit the grey bar hotel not Briliant.

If Kazaa/Brilliant Digital program so much as steps one toe over the line there is going to hell to pay in both Northern LA and down under.

Think about it for a second. Microsoft with its zillions of dollars has extreem difficulty keeping IIS, IE and Outlook safe from hackers how in the world is Kazaa and/or Brilliant Digital ever hope of pulling it off.

Kazaa just left my test system never to return.