View Single Post
Old 28-08-07, 04:52 PM   #46
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default the "Wingnuts Gone Wild" thread

Quote:
Under fire from leaders of his own party, Idaho Sen. Larry Craig on Tuesday the only thing he had done wrong was to plead guilty after a police complaint of lewd conduct in a men's room. He declared, "I am not gay. I never have been gay".
maybe not, Larry, but you were clearly attempting to physically interact with strange men in a public bathroom. but in the wingnut world (to which Idaho is Mecca), being gay is the real crime.

i think Markos has it just about right:

Quote:
To me, it's pretty obvious that every conservative anti-gay extremist is gay. If you're not gay, you don't sit around obsessing over gay sex. If you sit around obsessing about gay sex, then you're gay. It's that simple.

If they came out of the closet once and for all, they'd be much happier and so would we.

Perhaps that's why Craig did this sort of self-destructive and dangerous behavior -- he hoped to get caught, because then he would no longer need to keep up the charade. And now, after Craig rides off into the sunset, perhaps he'll find the peace and self-acceptance that every human being deserves. Too bad he had to be a member of the party which reviles that which he truly is.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote