View Single Post
Old 19-11-04, 10:55 PM   #31
albed
flippin 'em off

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregorio
There is no law that binds nations, - there are treaties that bind nations, treaties like the Geneva convention and the several Hague conventions that the U.S. ratified if I'm not mistaken.
The term "international law" sure turns up a lot of search results for something that doesn't exist.

Quote:
And a guerilla fighter and the soldier of a proper state committing crimes are entirely different things. You may call it hypocrisy, but that's the way it is.
How could I call it hypocrisy when you say they're both committing crimes? How could you call it hypocrisy? Seems you're saying they're both subject to laws.

Quote:
No. I will call it a lie and continue to claim there were more than 2,000 civilian deaths. That is called ignorance, - something the average American should be quite familiar with, the only difference being that I choose to be in that state rather than being forced into that state by my lack of ability to inform myself.
That is called lying. That's some impressive bullshit twisting but it's not going to fool anyone with a trace of integrity, it'll just make you look the fool.

Quote:
I wouldn't want Europe to gain that kind of influence. It's about giving these countries the choice between an imperialistic U.S. of A., the neo-stalinist Putin and the moderate EU. We are already seeing that terrorism is concentrating on the U.S. and Russia what more should we wish for?
Wish they forget your support for a brutal dictator that killed millions of them.

Quote:
I am playing advocatus diaboli here, but really, watching the U.S. screw itself in Iraq is kind of entertaining.
I hope getting your jollies that way keeps you from torturing puppies or whatever else you get off on.
albed is offline   Reply With Quote