View Single Post
Old 21-08-04, 09:18 PM   #7
daddydirt
even the losers

Quote:
Originally Posted by theknife
this is the latest, and hopefully last, word on this subject:
you took the words right out of John Kerry's mouth tk. i guess we're all supposed to feel grateful that William Rood selflessly came forward now to set the record straight. how admirable. not for Kerry's sake mind you, no, of course not. i'm a bit more skeptical about this timely revelation, let me just quote from Unfit for Command, page 80, "The Silver Star" (my emphasis)

Quote:
For some thirty-five years, John Kerry has shaped his life around a single moment on February 28, 1969 , for which he received the Silver Star. ... He has chosen to utilize his thirty-five-year-old Silver Star as the basis for every political campaign he has waged. In each campaign, a new participant in Kerry's medal stories is discovered, as was Jim Rassmann, the comrade "left behind" whom Kerry did fish out of the water but about whom he invented an exaggerated story during the 2004 presidential primary in Iowa. Each Kerry campaign ends with Kerry embracing his comrades while faulting his opponents for their less meritorious service.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2004Aug21.html

Quote:
Some of the mystery surrounding exactly what happened on the Bay Hap River in March 1969 could be resolved by the full release of all relevant records and personal diaries. Much information is available from the Web sites of the Kerry campaign and Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, and the Navy archives. But both the Kerry and anti-Kerry camps continue to deny or ignore requests for other relevant documents, including Kerry's personal reminiscences (shared only with biographer Brinkley), the boat log of PCF-94 compiled by Medeiros (shared only with Brinkley) and the Chenoweth diary.

Although Kerry campaign officials insist that they have published Kerry's full military records on their Web site (with the exception of medical records shown briefly to reporters earlier this year), they have not permitted independent access to his original Navy records. A Freedom of Information Act request by The Post for Kerry's records produced six pages of information. A spokesman for the Navy Personnel Command, Mike McClellan, said he was not authorized to release the full file, which consists of at least a hundred pages.
y'all be sure to let me know when the unbiased mainstream media demand that Kerry release these documents. and we all know that they'd be just as forgiving if the shoe was on the other foot, right?

they are going to do their best and try to put this issue to rest. methinks they'll have a tougher time if and when Kerry's Courageous Cambodian Chronicles surface.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote