Thread: "inside scoop"
View Single Post
Old 25-04-02, 02:31 AM   #17
twinspan
- a rascal -

Location: for security reasons, never the same as the President's

hi AYB
re video preview: I forgot you already DAT Repairer built into MorpheusX. So here's to fully integrated avi preview in next Grokster client (fingers crossed they buy your coding)

been playing around with MorfX more lately (didn't before coz of paused files). Some downloads that had been sitting around for weeks at 0KB finally d/l'ed.

And I d/l'ed an entire movie in 8 hours at around 15-30kbps, instead of the usual 36 hours with constant manual 'find more sources' coz i get stuck d/l'ing from a modem user at 0.12kbps.

But... (and there had to be a but, otherwise life would be perfect and boring)

But some files in my d/l window disappeared completely. Not upset really (a couple of songs at 0kb, so no great loss).

And if I'm editing a file's details in My Grokster when MorfX refreshes the Traffic, Grokster crashes ('illegal operation'). It was after one such crash that 1 song disappeared from my d/l window.

I suppose I should go thru the read-me again (been a while) & check the MorfX forum about this, I'll head over there this afternoon.

Overall tho, I'm very happy with the effect MorfX has on d/l'ing and I now use it regularly. Good luck with the Grok folks.
twinspan is offline   Reply With Quote