View Single Post
Old 09-05-02, 03:13 AM   #18
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

I guess it depends on how soon you want it. Depending on how many sources I get, the smaller ones on FastTrack I can download within an hour or 2. The quality isn't all too bad as long as you don't watch it in full screen. You can also always choose "fit to screen" in media player and keep increasing the size until it's close to the point where it's no longer tolerable. I guess for movies with a lot of special affects and fast camera scenes then you might want to get a better quality version.

Although, with some p2p programs it is a little disappointing when it takes maybe a day or more to download a movie only to find out that it sucked. Basically, if I like a movie then I start searching for better copies or make my way to the theatres. I guess I consider the smaller ones like a preview without much invested time. Although, I find eDonkey great for when I want to collect high quality rips....good things are worth waiting for.

Quote:
I just tried Direct Connect
DC can be nice as long as you find someone fast to download from. A lot of broadband user especially cable modems have an upload cap so usually get around 10-12kb. What makes it worst is that many hubs require that you share more then one upload slot and for users like me who have upload caps our bandwidth is further divided so that users upload at about 3-4kb from me. On the average the users I download from are in the same situation, but I have been lucky a few times. What hub are going into Dawn? It's nice to find a hub with a lot of T1 and T3 lines
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote