View Single Post
Old 12-12-04, 09:30 PM   #23
multi
Thanks for being with arse

Quote:
This isn't the first time we as a nation went to war with what we "have" and not what we would like to have had. It's not that hard to understand what Rumsfeld was referring to. We sure as hell didn't WAIT until the atom bomb was perfected to enter WWII. Even after waiting 2 years after Hitlers initial aggression, we feverishly tried to rebuild a very weak and poorly equipped military, BEFORE we went to war, that was suffering severly from the effects of the great depression, when we were forced into the war by an unprovoked terror attack that killed thousands.

This is where I BLAME Bush. Unlike in WWII, Bush failed and still has yet to organize both our own industry and our allies industries to provide these hum-vees and other things our soldiers are lacking. There is no excuse that he hasn't set aside at least a couple of auto plants in the US alone to produce NOTHING but this needed military equipment. This goes for any other type of industry both local and abroad that can supply our troops with the tools they need to perform their jobs with the highest degree of safety possible
i was always under the impression that the US navy was easily the most powerful navy at the time (i understand you are talking army and not navy -but a defence budget is a defence budget)..or was in a cold war type of arms race with japans navy in a race to build the biggest and strongest war ship..

blaming clinton is a bit weak (i could imagine the cleaning up after reagan/bush years was quite a task)
and comparisons to ww2 are all pretty vauge and distorted
the UK& US seem to be playing the role of the nazis this time if anything
the invaders of a whole region wich has been in constant state of resistance towards the west for at least the last 100 years..this is no new war that started in 2001,
the seeds of this war were planted before and during ww2
and the situations post 911 and post pearl harbour totaly different
back then without that huge navy support the US could not of carried out most of its
most important operations..not to mention the airforce...wich i believe at the time was the worlds strongest as well..
all i am trying to say is that for quite a while the army gets the backseat when handing out the defence spending...
the blame goes back a long way on both sides imo

i beat the internet
- the end boss is hard
multi is offline   Reply With Quote