View Single Post
Old 26-04-02, 04:59 PM   #26
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Default Indy, another feature request to ponder about

Hi Indy,

I was using sig2dat again to calculate signatures. What I would find very useful is, if dragging&dropping files from the Windows Explorer (or whatever other file manager you like to use that supports drag&drop) into the Calculate Signature screen would calculate the signatures, just as if you would select them via the Select Files For Calculation button. Preferrably, you would be able to drag&drop multiple files at once or even a complete directory.

The reason I would find that useful is, that I usually calculate hashes for files scattered among many folders. And using the drag&drop technique would prove a big help, because it would allow the user to have sig2dat and the Explorer side by side and just let the desired files fall into the calculation screen.

I know this could prove to be a bigger effort than some of the other things suggested before. But maybe you'll enjoy the chance to try out new things and learn more about the Windows API.

I'll personally read up on drag&drop to see, if I can't be a bit of help in this. Haven't done drag&drop myself yet.

Stoepsel