View Single Post
Old 19-12-02, 10:17 AM   #6
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default just reading through the bitchiing threads and

am really surprised at the hostility between the users and the moderators :S

I really think these peeps have a legimate bitch although many of the rants could have been more mildly phrased - the point is, many are very unhappy with 3.0. I can understand why.

Whether the program is free or not, Winamp developers, if wise, should highlight the particulars of legitimate bitches and use it fine tune the program (which i believe they are since a lite and standard version are on the way).

One particular rant comes to mind..........<won't c&p it for obvious reasons> where the ranter says many users thought 3.0 would be an upgraded (improved) version of 2.8. Instead, they get a totally different playa loaded with bloated processes and pretty pictures.

Don't know about most of you guys here - I tried the 3.0 betas and found it intolerable. I didn't bitch about it on the forums but I tell ya, my puter sure heard a wealth of interesting cuss-word combinations.

There's a place for bloat (for instance, sometimes I like to load my MMJB Plus and WMP <X-tra large w/a twist) but for everyday use, nothing beats winamp 2.8 for great on-the-fly listening pleasure.

It's a crying shame that in order to prevent a malicious mp3 file from going Rambo on your box, you have to install 3.0!

Since (according to that board) they're still working with 2.8, they'll come up with a fix for it and not neglect the tried and true.

<sigh>

GR, thanking her lucky stars the moderators here aren't so crabby and hostile.

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote