View Single Post
Old 25-02-02, 12:10 PM   #1
Smoketoomuch
freak

Default bot update - again

new bot again - got popop window today about update (not used it for a few days, so maybe not so new). Regular users may know about this, irregular may not, those who never tried should try it with this combination: sharereactor patch, edonkey bot, edonkey v59. I noticed that they regularly polish there software - every two months (at least) new versions, but all works, even V57. The best customer policy - see their with/without Cydoor note on their homepage http://www.edonkey2000.com/index.html

Oh, this is mainly for morph users, since if payd version screws up everything, I think the best choice is donkey - excellent file availability, and I checked music also - much larger database then fasttrack - but you have to use global search that comes with the bot. Here is the message about botupdate:

(eDonkeyBot 1.0

02/24/2002

NEW
* Sharereactor fake search direct link from FGS window (popup menu)
* FAST Global Search auto-pause every 100 results in order to reduce server's load.
Please don't extend search if you don't really need to.
* Servers preference managed when bot try to connect
* Mode 'most users' when bot try to connect to servers
* Server change if low ID
* Number of users logged (log file)
* Server change if few users (independant value of the servers list one)
* Connection detect procedures rewritten
* New speed preset for DSL/CABLE users
* Number of files managed (auto-prioriy, looking boost) increased (256 now, 128 before)
* Preferences saving problems (servers list, proxy): fixed

file-finder team

The same constant update happens with bot also (this is the third one I see since I began using donkey a month ago). So I got the feeling, that this is a living thing - while there is the case of the three monkeys with morpheus.