View Single Post
Old 24-01-03, 08:36 PM   #14
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Re: What song can't you find?

Quote:
Originally posted by theknife
I have found almost every song I have ever looked for...but there are a couple that continue to elude me...one in particular is an old punk song from the early 80's called "That's Why I Always Dress In Black"...I think the band is called the BlackJacks...

so I was wondering what songs (if any) continue to elude others....?
here we are,almost a year later and still searching for this song...i even managed to find a short history of the band. a classic tale of an 80's drug-induced musical train wreck of a band...

Quote:
At which point the band began to unravel. Blackjacks gigs were debauched, fucked-up affairs with constant brawls amongst audience members, and occasionally, among the band itself. At one Allston show, Mabry did a flying leap and landed directly on Angel's foot, and without missing a beat, the lead singer knocked the guitarist down with a right cross to the jaw. After the gig, Angel was out-of-control enraged, and his bandmates dosed his beer with Valium to try and sedate him, not knowing he'd already downed a handful of the benzo's. Out for three days.

And that was typical. Drunk, coked-up, stoned, wrecked on pills and heroin, the band got loonier and loonier as it got more popular, and its already wack fashion-sense went out the window....
this song has to survive somewhere

I know. This obsession is slightly pathetic.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote