View Single Post
Old 19-05-01, 09:51 PM   #4
Mazer

I don't know many people who hold my view of anarchy. I think that anarchy is a place where a hermit can find his place in civilization, a place where you can be alone among 6 billion people. This is ultimately what everyone wants but no one really knows how to achieve it. Even though everyone can drive his or her own car they still have to deal with the other motorists on the road. But the nice thing about the internet is that you don't have to go anywhere to get information. As a result people can interact without stepping on each other's toes.

But I draw the line where power is concerned. It is, in fact, an illusion. Either your boss has tricked you into thinking he can control you destiny, or you have tricked your boss into thinking he can control you destiny. So when people give up on anarchy and surrender to other people's ambitions self government ceases to exist.

That's why the internet is synonymous with revolution: those that thought they had no power over their destinies discover that they really do, and those that thought they had power over other's destinies discover that they really don't. The true leaders emerge.

There's too much information in this thread for me to digest right now; I'm mostly relying on TankGirl's and Romona's interpretations here. I tell ya, the first post literally put my stomach in a twist (maybe I should stop and eat something).

But the basic theme I picked up throughout this thread is that free-thinking individuals thrive on each other's free will and become very powerful in the eyes of those who wish that power for themselves. Those poor souls don't realize that the power we wield results from our own self government multiplied by the friends we share that concept with. With true altruism we make decisions for ourselves that we hope will have positive effects on our peers. The cumulative effect is impressive.