View Single Post
Old 03-03-02, 12:18 AM   #4
fogelbise

i don't know if this is related and it is not a new problem as i have seen at least one other person post this before on the old board. many times when i log on, i guess i am sending my list of files to the supernode, but before i get fully connected it is already listing all my files as available files and i get a crapload of people downloading from me(ignores my # of upload option during connection). i look at my firewall and it shows an incredible amount of data being uploaded. if when you first start grokster or kazaa you click the traffic tab before if grays out, you can see this activity. last time i did this there were about 40 attempted downloads from me all aborted initially because my connection cant handle it....

bottom line it takes forever to connect when this happens. solution i found was to check the disable file sharing option, and as soon as i get connected, turn it back on. so if you do this, just please remember to change it back

this may only happen to you if you have a number of popular files...but please don't get rid of them, just use the solution above. anyone else have further info on this prob?
fogelbise is offline   Reply With Quote