View Single Post
Old 11-08-05, 09:27 AM   #24
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

The first rap song I heard was by 2 Live Crew - I don't remember the song name.

Myself and two friends were listening to it and laughed at what we considered to be the ludicrous nature of the lyrics. Yes, at first it was somewhat amusing to hear song lyrics that contained significant quantities of gratuitous vulgarity, contempt for women, and disrespect for the laws of our society. To the three of us, it was simply unbelievable that anyone would record and release such a song.

Although I know that not all rap songs have vulgar lyrics, contempt for women, and disrespect for the law - the ones that do have pretty much poisoned me to that genre.

I can tolerate any kind of music - except for rap. My dislike of it is so strong that I am offended to hear it and must leave the area.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote