View Single Post
Old 17-05-02, 05:50 PM   #7
thinker
Ex-Singular

OpenNap little needed? On the contrary, that's how I find most bootlegs and the like. I find a lot of folks out there with such things on OpenNap, but not often on WPNP. There are definitely many pluses and minuses alike with the new vers; hopefully they'll be able to get another up in the next couple of months to bring everything together. If I was on broadband maybe I'd feel differently; I don't know. As for movies, I don't even try to bother at all. I wouldn't tell dial-uppers not to try, but it is fairly ill-advised, unless you have a good enough setup where you can actually stay on for a couple of days and you know personally someone on high-speed who can stay connected. Movies/TV shows/etc., yeah, definitely a broadband thing. As Awe said, music is WinMX's cup; I get banned from places for not having X number of files - I have more pictures than music files at the moment, and the pictures get filtered out on many a server. I don't care too much, though, just waiting for improvements to what's already the best (though imperfect) thing out there.
thinker is offline   Reply With Quote