View Single Post
Old 23-07-04, 11:11 PM   #39
Heathcliff
One half won't do

Peace More damage control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
This is a funny coincidence, I've felt the same way about Democrats for many years. I guess this makes it my word against his then, and whose to judge which of us is right?
?
Do you have any scholars to back up your feelings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Listen, as long as we keep throwing these kinds of attacks at one another we're not going to get anywhere. I'm perfectly willing to conceed that Republicans are every bit as dumb as Democrats, and perfectly willing to believe that Democrats are as high minded and patriotic as Republicans. But when I read the rediculous accusation that any American wants to "install Fundamentalist Christianity as the state government, make women and minorities chattel, and wage total war against the whole world" I begin to wonder if you really want things to work out for everybody. No American wants those things to happen, period, and your continued railing against a significant number of people (as many as half of all Americans and possibly more) is not only tiresome and tactless, it's getting to be quite offensive. I mean, what are you going to accomplish by making everybody feel stupid?
It's very telling you took that personally, you were a million miles away in my mind when I wrote it. In fact I was just enjoying your "Geometry" thinking what a cool and talented guy you are. You right-wing tirade shocks and disappoints me. You make a liar out of me to nicobe.

And no, I will not concede the point that Dems are just as dumb as Repubs. The Dems are always painted as the quintessential intellectual elitists and the Repubs. as backward, ignorant hillbillies hellbent for the bad old days. What? You think there isn't any hint of truth in those stereotypes? Get real. Just look at what you are attempting to do to me: stiffening my 1st amendment rights. Who the hell made you a mod around here? Put me on ignore if I offend you so much. I don't see anyone clamoring for you to come to the rescue of the board. Man....

Also, apparently you've never heard of the Identity Movement or British and American Israelism. Look them up and prove it to yourself. While your at it check out what the militia people are saying. Huge resources of the FBI and CIA were devoted to thwarting an impending race war in the late '60's. What do you think Louis Farakan means when he talks about the mothership landing? Hell even the Mormon Church is all stocked up just waiting for the end of the world so they can repopulate the earth. You accuse me of "wish fulfillment" and yet you willfully overlook all these historical facts. You're living in your own private Idaho if you sincerely believe "No American wants those things to happen, period".

Last edited by Heathcliff : 24-07-04 at 12:07 AM.
Heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote