View Single Post
Old 11-05-04, 09:40 PM   #8
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramona_A_Stone
When you do finally figure out who the main obstacle to the world acting in unison was, know that you are free to vote for his opponent in November.
As I recall the world was not opposed to military intervention in Iraq until Colon Powell asked the UN for its endorsment. That's when the security council decided that just for the hell of it they were gonna be uncompliant. It didn't even matter that Saddam lacked WMD's because everyone who read the reports believed that he did. We only asked the UN as a courtesy, and the only obstacles to the world acting in unison were France and Russia. They didn't veto the inspection resolution because they had evidence to contradict our evidence, they just did it to fuck with us. For me it doesn't matter if they're trustworthy or not, it matters that they are disloyal. It matters that European politicians only defy us to curry the favor of their constituents. I can understand how the world's only superpower needs Europe to be the yin to its yang, but really that obligates Europe's leaders to do what they think is right rather than what they think is politically advantageous. Their opposition to the current administration is asinine retoric and it accomplishes nothing.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote