View Single Post
Old 28-03-04, 07:23 PM   #14
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Clarke's not backing down an inch...gotta give him credit for some balls:

Quote:
Clarke wants all testimony, records declassified
Ex-counterterrorism aide: 'Not just a little line here and there'
Sunday, March 28, 2004 Posted: 7:24 PM EST (0024 GMT)

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Former White House counterterrorism aide Richard Clarke, whose criticism of the Bush administration's antiterrorism policy has triggered a ferocious response from the White House, said Sunday that he supports Republican calls to declassify testimony he gave Congress in 2002.

At issue is testimony Clarke gave behind closed doors at a July 2002 hearing of the House and Senate intelligence committees jointly investigating the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Clarke said on NBC's "Meet the Press" that the release of the testimony would prove false any claims that his earlier testimony contradicts statements in his new book, "Against All Enemies."

"I would welcome it being declassified," he said. "But not just a little line here and there -- let's declassify all six hours of my testimony."

Clarke called on the White House to end what he called "vicious personal attacks" and "character assassination," and focus on issues.
they're trying to nail him on contradictory testimony and he wants to bring it all out into the open. i'll bet nobody takes him up on this
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote