View Single Post
Old 26-03-04, 04:06 AM   #7
daddydirt
even the losers

Any Richard Clarke fans out there please read Losing Bin Laden by Richard Miniter. (Clarke was one of the main sources for the book) Please explain to me why on earth Clarke didn't run to 60 Minutes back then with his litany of grievances.

I'm sure it's all just dumb luck that the book's release and the tv interview happened to coincide with the first days of hearings of the National Commission on Terrorist Attacks Upon the United States.

"I'm an independent. I'm not working for the Kerry campaign," says Clarke. (but my best friend Rand Beers is the principal advisor to the Kerry campaign)

The thing that made me laugh the most this week was Kerry's reaction. At first he "reserved judgement" before commenting, because he hadn't read the book yet. (As if his principal campaign advisor hadn't clued him in already)

Then in his first public appearance after his vacation in Idaho, cameras catch him leaving his SUV.....but wait.....he's forgotten something in the vehicle....he reaches back inside.....and comes back out with.......the book.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote