View Single Post
Old 25-11-04, 02:57 PM   #11
cheapprick

So you would rather have the ability to pay hefty sums and have the procedure immediately? Isn't that already the option Alberta and the U.S. give you? Best of both worlds. I live in a province that, while still a have not in the early 80's, was completely in the black. The conservatives took power in the early 80's and held it for 10 years.

They turned the province back over more than 300 million in debt. The NDP were/are once again forced to make cuts to pay those 'fiscally responsible' debts. There might be a reason the NDP have now won the last 4 elections in this province. We received Mulroney at the same time as Devine and the province was devastated. Despite my hillbilly neighbors in the rural areas POV, the province/country self-destructed under their conservative leadership.

The other reason I can't handle heavy conservatism is their tendency to lean toward the U.S. There is already a U.S., and we are not now nor need to be in the future, a part of it. The majority of Canadians, yes majority, are happy with having a thin layer of cloth between the two countries' genitals.
cheapprick is offline   Reply With Quote