View Single Post
Old 25-11-04, 09:36 AM   #10
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapprick
You're pretty young no?

Conservatives are financially responsible.
If you like the free health care, maybe ease up on the commie B.S. too.

He is not far off calling the NDP commies. NDP are a cancer to Canadian Government and really should never win seats in middle-class or well to do areas. They win Provincial elections in poor provinces and keep them poor because they drive away business. I was living in Vancouver when the NDP took power. Not long after Calgary and Alberta had a boom with business and people leaving B.C. to get away. I was one of them, I was transferred because the firm moved our offices.

Conservatives will not take away free health care, but I for one wish they would. It would be less expensive to pay insurance premiums to be covered instead of being taxed to death, it will never happen. Anyways they want a two tier system in Canada because really there already is a two tier system. You want an MRI done tomorrow you go to Alberta and pay for one, you want any medical procedure done asap you go to the US. US hospitals near the Canadian border do a lot of business with Canadians.

A two tier system would work. Doctors would have to do X number of hours at a government hospital a month and the rest at their private practice. It would work. I know if I need to I would rather go to an American hospital instead of waiting around for hours, days, weeks, months to get help. If you need a hip replacement for example, in Canada you may wait 6 to 8 months before you can get it done. In that time you are in pain and doing more damage to areas around your hip. It is a fact that that person waiting in Canada will have more health problems in the near future because of the damage caused waiting for a new hip. In the US your hip is replaced in a few weeks tops. Little chance of future complications.

Anyways,

Last edited by Sinner : 25-11-04 at 01:11 PM.
Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote