View Single Post
Old 02-11-04, 11:35 AM   #7
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSpratts
my god mazer your pro-bush stance would embarrass pollyanna.
I'm talking about the invasion and you're talking about the occupation. The army reached Baghdad in only three weeks, but as you say military operations have continued since the invasion was completed. My point is that we couldn't accomplish in three years in Iran what we accomplished in Iraq in three weeks, and there's no need to invade anyway. I want you to understand that I support the war on principle, not because of what the President says. Time will tell whether Democracy in Iraq turns out to be a good or bad thing, and Iran's response to Iraq'a new government is one of the indicators we should pay attention to. But Iran should not be attacked by our military unless they attack Iraq first.
Quote:
it has increased the numbers of terrorists sworn to destroy america logarithmically. osama couldn't be happier.
If you have any evidence of this I'd like to see it. My understanding is that most of the terrorist activity is centered in Iraq, aimed at Iraqi citizens and U.S. soldiers, and sourced from Iran and Syria. Attacks in Southeast Asia have ceased altogether, and the only attacks of note since the Bali explosion have been in Russia (with Chechens to blame, not al Qaeda) and in Spain. Iraqi insurgents have sought primarily to regain control of Iraq using terrorist techniques, but causing terror is not their primary goal. So when you say that terrorism is stronger and Osama is happier than ever, without showing some statistic or report, I have to wonder what your intentions are.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote