View Single Post
Old 11-05-04, 07:42 PM   #8
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally posted by Sinner
If anything this video shows the type of poeple the American soldiers have to deal with on a day to day basis.....Are the Liberals crying Human Rights Violations? What the Americans did was wrong, but it fails in comparison with what these Iraqis did....
obviously, it's an atrocity - but committed by whom? the purported executioner is Abu Musab al-Zarqawi , who is in fact Jordanian. if this is true, than the people with him in the video are certain to be long-time trusted AL-Queda members (who else would he trust being with?), and as such, are probably not Iraqis.

and are they of the same ilk as the the various religious groups and militias, wannabes, foreigners, and your basic pissed-off Iraqi that are fighting elsewhere in Iraq? the Bushies like to wrap all these factions into one neat little package and sell it to the public with catchy phrases like "deadenders" and "enemies of freedom", but imo, it's a lot more complicated than that.

make no mistake - the people in the video are certainly our enemy and a threat to us all...but are they representative of the average Iraqi or even of the Iraqis prisoners in the abuse pix?

the "war on terror" has lost much credibility world-wide because the administration refuses to recognize the distinctions between these groups - distinctions that seem so obvious to the rest of the world. of course, now they're locked in, because to admit otherwise would be to admit that we've moved beyond killing terrorists and now we're just killing anybody who makes us uncomfortable.

my sympathies to the families of Nick Berg and Daniel Perl - i hope the hooded figures in these videos die a violent and painful death.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote