Old 22-05-05, 09:56 PM   #2
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicobie
Talk about simpltons......
OK, why not since they come from the old continent/land

Quote:
If the US is for it, they're against it.
If the US is against it, they're for it.
Left wing thinking against Right wing thinking, nothing new here.

Quote:
If it costs The US money or US lives, they're for it.
If it costs any euro nation money or lives other than US ones, they're against it.
Welcome to the world that doesn't want to do squat about the war in Irak, or doesn't care or they know something that we north american don't?

Quote:
I wonder what the European folks are thinking? Can they even think 5 years ahead?
They do think ahead, they signed the Kioto accord. What more is there to say beside that they want to have their kids to breath fresh air unlike mexico city.

Quote:
Do they actually believe that Americans will die for them again like in the past?
If it wasen't for the French army that died helping in freeing the US from england, you wouldn't have names like Fayette Ville or Lafayette... The debt was paied when you helped the french to get free of the german invasion.

Quote:
Nobody I talk to in my town thinks so. We are sick of the way we are treated by the rest of the world and starting to act like Euro people act. Americans might be slow but they're not stupid.
No, no one is stupid by birth but to say that the world is acting like the euro population, it's stretching it a bit far. Why don't the people of your town acknowledge their own country foreign policy before judging others?

Quote:
America seems to be hated because of the perception of it's having the biggest hammer.
Like Rome was at the time they were in their full peak of power, no surprise here about the hammer remark...

Quote:
I say, "OK, then maybe it's is time to start swinging it".
Again, why swing the hammer when it's been already done on Irak's head? What's next on the hammer's road, Iran, Syria?

Quote:
This will probably be the end of the UN. I suppose it's OK by me as the UN seems to be totally ineffective and probably totally corrupted too.
The UN is def totally ineffective by my standard since by it's recommendation was totally disreguarded by the coalition(caugh) but you are right on this. This organisation is corrupted.

Not all the world hate the US Nic, they only hate or loathe their foreing policy's. IMO, it's not a cultural thing, it's a political thing.

Cheers
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote