View Single Post
Old 18-05-02, 01:21 PM   #74
butterfly_kisses
Napsterite

Big Laugh

Quote:
Don't confuse version checking with something else.
i don't think that i am. Please check in HKLM\Software\KaZaA and Network config and you will see reference to MusicCity Musiccity has been off the fasttrack map for quite some time now hasn't it?

doesn't that make you wonder why there is this reference to MusicCity inside your registry?

It to me means that "kazaa" or whomever controls these supernodes through manipulation of the data that gets sent to the other clients is imposing a filter for the Morpheus client e.g., "musiccity" so if a Filter can be put in place for MusicCity to keep Morpheus from connecting to the fasttrack network why not a filter to prevent the downloading of any unauthorised content over the network.

This to me suggests control and true its not the part in front of the @ symbol that matters but what follows usually you will only see @fileshare /@Grokster or @KaZaA

The part that comes after the @ symbol is verified by a control mechanism such as a supernode whether or not KaZaA or FAstTrack-BV owns or controls a particuliar node could be significant and is not necessarily irrelevant but the main evidence or indicator here is that there is a mechanism for control and filtering regardless of whether its centralised (which i would suggest it is) or not....it is possible to deny access to the network based on certain Criteria such as a username with the extension of @MusicCity otherwise why would this entry be present in your registry?
Attached Images

butterfly_kisses is offline   Reply With Quote