View Single Post
Old 01-10-02, 04:57 AM   #1
Mowzer
'

Default P2P Clients with teeth...

Today is October the first, two thousand and two.

Its been an interesting few years on the file sharing scene.
Lately it seems all I have been reading is articles on things such as the RIAA employing Rialiban terrorists (small companies) to go after file sharing users. Looped files, scanning IP's and sending nasty notes to ISP's the list goes on.

If new laws pass to the benefit of the RIAA how long till we see clients developed that are smarter then whats out there as far as p2p apps today, ones that can fight back.

Will it be possible to merge a p2p app with counter measures for any possible evil tricks these RIAA co harts throw at p2p users?

I could just see some kinda firewall/p2p app merged together that reports every-time your IP is scanned by known apps used to look for illegal traders.

If there was a p2p app that clogged the RIAA's web site, when your not searching for files/downloading I would use it. Since the RIAA had the audacity to suggest making it possible to flood users trading files, I am sure a file share app of that sort isn't to far off.

As the years come the RIAA will probably get bolder with the things it trys to do to users, I think mad max p2p apps are on the horizon.

What are some of the main things file-sharing apps can do to protect users and fight back?
Mowzer is offline   Reply With Quote