Old 30-09-05, 08:05 AM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by ONEMANBANNED
http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/09/...eak/index.html

given permission ? oh? ok thank you.

Heres another story that i found a lil quirky

so why the almost yearlong delay in telling us?
i don't know about squids but this Judy Miller thing makes no sense: she went to jail to protect her source, by all accounts Cheney Chief of Staff Scooter Libby...but he says this:
Quote:
'Why didn't someone call us?'
Tate said Libby signed a waiver of confidentiality more than a year ago, which Tate followed with a phone call to New York Times attorney Floyd Abrams assuring him that Libby's waiver was voluntary.

Over the Labor Day weekend, Miller's attorney, Robert Bennett, tracked Tate down in Martha's Vineyard to tell him she had not accepted the waiver as valid because "it came from lawyers."

"I assured Bennett that it was voluntary, and he asked, 'Would Scooter say that to Judy?' And I said, 'Scooter doesn't want to see Judy in jail,'" Tate said.

"My reaction was, why didn't someone call us 80 days ago?" he said of his conversation with Bennett.

After receiving assurance from Fitzgerald that a call between Libby and Miller would not be obstructing justice, the call was set up by Bennett and both attorneys listened in, Tate said.

"Scooter said to her, 'Judy, Joe Tate talked to Floyd Abrams more than a year ago and said it's voluntary. Joe assured me you understood,'" Tate recalled from the conversation. "'But we want you to know the waiver was voluntary.'"

Tate said Miller responded that she and Abrams had discussed it but that she was not willing to "rely on lawyers."

Libby said, "Well, why didn't someone call us?" Tate said. "There was no answer."
something is missing from this picture, but all should be known soon. the grand jury wraps up next week and then the other shoe will drop in this story.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote