View Single Post
Old 11-03-04, 10:04 AM   #19
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by Mazer

I consider myself one of those true conservatives you talk about, and like most true conservatives I don't speak up until it's necessary. Let everyone believe what they want to believe, as long as it doesn't affect me in a negative way.
That is a pretty vague statement. So as long is it doesn't affect you personally in a negative way it is ok? Hate groups can hate, hurt, and kill aslong as it is not you? etc etc.....now I really don't think that is what you mean but having a silent voice doesn't help anyone......

Quote:

I may disagree with you a lot of the time, but since opposing you in this forum would force me to 'choose sides' I usually just read the discussions and keep my thoughts to myself. Nobody here seems interested in learning from differing opinions. In fact, I don't have a clue what anyone here is trying to accomplish with all the arguing. Most of it is a waste of archive space in the server's hard drive. If I thought my opinions mattered to anyone here I would share them more often.

I disagree with the choose sides statement, it is also hard to learn differing opinions when you keep your thoughts to yourself. What am I trying to accomplish? Good question, I don't really have an agenda, maybe it is a devil's advocate type of thing, provoke some thought. Just to let you know also, I would like to hear your opinions, I am one who reads your posts, so they matter to me and maybe you should post more....are you afraid of what people may think about you?

Quote:
Anyway, most of the philosophical points you brought up don't belong in this thread, and it's a pity that most threads degrade like this. Someone always has to hijack them. Leave that stuff for the Underground, everyone, this is a topical forum. If you can't stick to the thread's subject then start a new one.
This isn't a perfect world......shit happens.....

Since RAS had to bring up my nick in his/her rant, I will respond to that later.....